We’re Hiring: Accountant / Bookkeeper
Unalp CPA is an accounting firm in Walnut Creek seeking a Accountant/Bookkeeper who will help contribute to the efficient and effective fiscal supervision of our clients by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, good communication skills, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success. The candidate must enjoy learning new systems/technology and applying these technologies to client work. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter looking for a flexible schedule who is seeking more opportunity and growth in the accounting field.
• Collect and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, downloads, printouts, statements, etc.
• Establish records of accounts and input entries into to proper accounts
• Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information
• Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes
• Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records in accounting software subsystems or the general ledger
• Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
• Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses
• Codes documents according to company procedures
• Reports discrepancies found in records
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
• Occasional special projects as requested
• An Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and/or 1 year of bookkeeping experience required
• Must be organized, trustworthy, and thorough with tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic accounting knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of data management
- Attention to detail – accuracy is a key component of this position
- The ability to express oneself clearly both orally and in writing
- Passion for learning and expanding their accounting skills
- Good people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic tea
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and be comfortable in an evolving environment
- Experience with nonprofits, healthcare organizations, or medical and dental practices extremely helpful
- Experience with accounting systems, Intacct, Xero, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office extremely helpful
- Enjoy learning new systems/technology and applying it to clients
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in problem solving and conflict resolution
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
ABOUT UNALP CPA
We are not your typical CPA firm. We are a unique and innovative firm who specializes in the accounting needs of nonprofit organizations, healthcare organizations, and medical and dental practices. Our professional practices allow for better financial information to management and are the most cost-effective choice for nonprofits, healthcare organizations, and medical and dental practices. Our services include: Outsourced Accounting- As a remote accountant, we update and manage our client’s records daily, schedule regular meetings to provide financial oversight and act as a financial partner. Outsourced Payroll- We process payroll correctly to give clients additional peace of mind. Tax Return Prep and Planning- We seamlessly complete income, property and sales tax returns.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org