Position Announcement | Accounting Manager
Unalp CPA is a family-friendly, dynamic accounting firm in Walnut Creek seeking an Accounting Manager who will work directly with the owner to help contribute to the efficient and effective fiscal supervision of our clients by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to process and to detail. As a firm, we enjoy the ability to make a difference in our clients’ operations and missions through delivery of actionable information to management. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, good communication skills, time management skills, good client service, strong leadership and effective problem solving to ensure success. The candidate must enjoy learning new systems/technology and applying these technologies to client work. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter looking for a flexible schedule who is seeking more opportunity and growth in the field in the expanding area of providing cloud accounting services.
• Ability to operate as a leader, but a team player, with other members of the staff to resolve client accounting issues that involve the client transactional or process issues or cloud system accounting issues.
• Strong understanding of GAAP and how to apply to client financial records.
• Ability to analyze and document client procedures for effectiveness and efficiency which ensure proper record keeping of financial data, making use of current technologies.
• Reviews journal entries and bank/credit card entries by Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper to ensure these entries are correct.
• Prepare accounting records, including journal entries from clients’ records ensuring proper backup is attached to each journal entry so it is supported according to client policy/procedures. Establish records of accounts and input entries into to proper accounts.
• Reviews/performs reconciliations of client accounts on a monthly basis and ties those reconciliations to the general ledger/subsystems to demonstrate strong fiscal management.
• Continuing to build proficiency on cloud software programs such as Intacct, Xero and Bill.com.
• Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets such as Excel and other databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
• Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Codes documents according to company procedures.
• Reconciles and reports discrepancies found in records
• Builds a good relationship as a liaison to the clients.
• CPA required with a B.A or B.S. Degree in accounting or finance plus at least 5 years accounting experience.
• Nonprofit experience desirable.
• Intacct or Xero experience is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• The ability to express oneself clearly both orally and in writing.
• Passion for learning and expanding their accounting skills.
• Demonstrated experience assisting clients with a variety of accounting needs.
• Good people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
• Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and be comfortable in an evolving environment.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and maintain emotional control in a fast-paced setting.
• Experience with Intacct and Xero extremely helpful.
• Enjoy learning new systems/technology and applying it to clients.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with Microsoft Office
• Ability to make decisions and take initiative in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Growth potential to move into a more senior role.
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
ABOUT UNALP CPA
We are not your typical CPA firm. We are a unique and innovative firm who specializes in the accounting needs of small to medium size businesses. Our professional practices allow for better financial information to management and are the most cost-effective choice for a small business. Our services include: Outsourced Accounting- As a remote accountant, we update and manage our client’s records daily, schedule regular meetings to provide financial oversight and act as a financial partner. Outsourced Payroll- We process payroll correctly to give clients additional peace of mind. Tax Return Prep and Planning- We seamlessly complete income, property and sales tax returns. We also provide planning for businesses to assure you are receiving the deductions you deserve.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.